Thursday, August 2, 2012

Which Way?

Today is...well, it's back to reality.


I am realizing that there's a lot I am keeping quiet about, and it's affecting my ability to keep things updated, because my focus is somewhere else.


So: the baby quest is now well underway. I am excited to be making progress on this front, although I am dismayed that I am having to go the conventional medical route. I really don't like the idea of messing with hormones etc., but we have waited long enough. Compromises must be made! It may be a little TMI for some people, but if you are interested, you can read about things over here.



The other thing: parents.

When we were in Carmel last weekend, I could tell something was wrong.  As it turns out, Dad is having some health issues. We were heading back up the hill after having breakfast, and I could tell he was struggling. He said it had happened before. It's something related to his heart- He refused to talk about it, but I am guessing that it's angina or some kind of arrhythmia. He's already got a stent in one of his arteries. Evidently, with everything else going on, I wasn't supposed to be told about it.

He went in yesterday for a full workup, and the good news is, all his arteries checked out fine, including the one with the stent. The bad news is that there is still obviously an issue, and we don't know what it is. Mom is talking about cutting red meat out of his diet, getting him to slow down a little to curb stress, and having him do a sleep study. I keep thinking about the Primal Blueprint book that was sitting on the bedside table drawer in the guest room- obviously not read. I don't want to be pushy, but I think I would regret it if I didn't at least say my piece now.

And of course, when I am worried and focusing on other things, good habits tend to slip a little. I cleaned out the fridge before we went on our trip, but haven't restocked- so we have been gong out to dinner a lot, and I am feeling "off". Time to get back in the swing of things!!!

Today I am taking a trip to the grocery store, making coconut milk, and "roasting" a chicken in the crockpot. Making some iced tea and boiling some eggs to have on hand sounds good, too!

It's also the time when I can switch up my CSA box, so I cancelled the veggies, but bumped up our meat share. The veggies were going to waste: we were getting tons of okra, and too many salad greens to use before they went bad, and just stuff we don't eat a lot of.  I have an easier time planning meals around meat than around veggies! I also added a share of fruit and a share of offal to the order, to try things out. Things are about to get experimental over here!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment