Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome 2012!!!

   I spent a large portion of the last year just waiting, WAITING, for 2011 to be over and done with. Last year kicked off with news that a gang of teens had broken into what used to be my grandmother's house for an illicit New Year's celebration, and caused $20,000 worth of damage. Talk about a harbinger of doom! Luckily, they weren't geniuses. It's definitely a mindbender to see a picture of some teenaged guy in front of your grandma's cabinets. In his underwear. Which he's used as his Facebook profile picture. Oops!

The rest of the year involved a lot of familial strife: nothing too horrible, just incredibly stressful. A lot of people I know and love are struggling financially, fighting lawsuits (these things are often linked) or just otherwise in limbo. My husband and I tend to procrastinate: both of us. I know it's human nature to avoid the unpleasant stuff on the list, but we both tend to take it to extremes. Last year served as a reminder that when you put off the unpleasant stuff, it will still eventually have to be dealt with- and in our case, all at once.  I am just glad we have gotten most of the way through it, and I see 2012 as a grand opportunity for all the legwork and struggle and waiting of the last year to finally come to fruition.

So Happy New Year to you and yours! I have my resolutions made (one of them has to do with blogging), and I am feeling pretty good about what's coming up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment