Tuesday, September 25, 2012

B-A-N-A-N-A-S

I have been caught up in a veritable whirlwind of cooking for the past couple of days. I am not sure what brought it on: but cleaning out the fridge has been a factor, and I am going to finish up cleaning out the freezer today.

So I guess the trigger was the fact that last week, I accused SG of taking a bag of frozen bananas. While I have to admit that this suspicion may have something to do with the fact that my body is dealing with whopping doses of weird meds, it also has a lot to do with the fact that my fridge and freezer are a disaster. (Also, don't look at the floor- the floor is bad.)

So after a day or so of wondering where and when a giant Ziploc of frozen bananas (helpfully labelled "B-A-N-A-N-A-S" in red Sharpie) was going to show up, and skeeving inwardly at horrible visions- Did I put them in a cupboard, where they have been quietly mouldering away, only to be discovered when the fruit fly plague begins? Did our 90 lb dog (who yes, LOVES bananas) liberate them when I absently left them out on the counter, quietly abscond with and devour them, and I will find my jaunty, empty B-A-N-A-N-A-S bag dismembered in the side yard? (Before you laugh at me, this dog pulled a similar stunt with a 32 oz. tub of coconut oil last year. And yes, he has a very shiny coat.)  Or did I just imagine slicing and freezing and storing them in the first place?  This is not exactly far-fetched.

Since obviously asking myself wasn't helping, asking the real dog or (thankfully, imaginary)fruit flies would be counter productive, and SG is capable of actual communication, I ruled out yelling "J-ACCUSE!" and other more dramatic exclamations. I ended up meekly asking, "Did you take the frozen bananas?" And he said, "No".

And then my brain went all Scooby Doo, with the Velma camp insisting their must be a logical explanation, while Shaggy argued in favor of a tropical poltergeist, racheting things up into Bananagate levels of ridiculousness. 

OMG, WTF did I do with the Bananas!?????

As it turns out, I ended up having to excavate the entire freezer to find the answer. They were happily nestled away in the depths, concealed on the "meat shelf", appropriately buried under a few weeks of accumulated frozen meat.

I know, how anticlimactic is that?     

Freakin' bananas.

I am still tweaking the kale chip recipe- will post tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment